Position Details: Technical/Proposal Writer
Position: Technical/Proposal Writer
Location: Tysons Corner, VA
Duration: Full-Time Permanent
Information Technology Strategies, LLC. is a government IT solutions provider servicing commercial and government initiatives in various parts of the United States.
We are currently seeking a Technical/Proposal Writer to work for our company. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with Proposal Manager on structuring, developing, editing, and formatting winning proposals
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure business and technical content is accurate
- Assists in determining proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Collaborating with internal teams and stakeholders to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements for software applications and systems engineering.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Writing technical documentation, such as, functional descriptions, system specifications, special reports, and other customer deliverables and documents. Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Responsible for reviewing documents for technical accuracy in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Responsible for organizing information for the preparation of design documents, user manuals, installation guides, and requirement documents as well as managing/maintaining documentation within a structured central repository.
- Must have a BA degree in Communications, Computer Science, Information Technology or related areas of study
- Prior experience supporting content utilizing SharePoint.
- Prior experience utilizing MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Prior experience utilizing Adobe Products (Writer, Reader, etc)
- Must have excellent communications (oral /written) skills
- Prior experience with collaborating with team members in gathering information for document preparation.
- Must be a highly motived self-starter with the ability to work individually or in a team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to continuously learn
What IT-Strat has to offer:
IT-Strat has a robust benefits package for all full-time employees as we believe our employees
are our greatest assets.
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- 401K Retirement Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
This is a full-time permanent opportunity. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Sponsorship
will not be provided. Interested applicants should apply via our company website - https://www.itstrat.com/jobs/