Position Details: Business Analyst
Position: Business Analyst
Client / Program: DLA
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Information Technology Strategies, LLC . is a government IT solutions provider servicing commercial and government initiatives in various parts of the United States. We are currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst to work for our company. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Elicit business requirements and translate to functional and technical requirements.
- Lead Scope analysis and project planning
- Lead project communications throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Participate in project planning or oversight activities for assigned projects and initiatives.
- Creating and maintaining of project and systems documentation and artifacts to support established and future business applications throughout all phases of the software life-cycle.
- Develop process flow diagrams. Develop and document current and new processes.
- Prepare test plans consisting of test cases, and other documentation to support testing.
- Lead and conduct functional, regression, environment and accessibility testing. Oversee User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Document and track test results and track defects through resolution.
- Provide training and documentation to users on the functionality of developed applications and processes.
- Provide software lifecycle support and production support services.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks and documentation as identified.
- Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Sponsorship will not be provided for this opportunity.
- Required Active Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related areas of study.
- Required 7-10yrs’+ experience in an I.T. environment with business analysis experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in implementing computer systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis and conceptual design, site survey, system design review, critical design review, installation, integration, and testing.
- Must haves strong working knowledge of various documentation styles – user guides, technical process flows, technical diagrams, process documentation, etc;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills is a requirement.
- The ability to adapt quickly working in a challenging and fast paced environment with a team as well as individually is required.
- Proficiency in requirements development and have a solid understanding of software development.
- Well versed in Systems Development Lifecycle methodologies, i.e. WaterFall.
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews.
- Must be knowledgeable in life-cycle support, including maintenance, administration, and management. Must be able to provide solutions to identified software problem reports.
- Must be capable of performing configuration management, integrating software, interpreting software test results, and recommending solutions for unsatisfactory test results.
- Ability to translate high level business requirements into technical requirements
- Must have a strong documentations and technical writing experience
- Must be knowledgeable in performing requirements analysis for a wide range of user for office automation.
- Must be knowledgeable utilizing the BABOK guidelines such as agile, business architecture/ intelligence, information technology and business process management.
- Must have skills and knowledge utilizing: MS Windows, Microsoft Office Suite including MS Visio.
- Working experience with MS Project, MS Team Foundation Server, SharePoint and other industry standard tools is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- Windows Servers
- Internet Information Server
- Web Development
- Application Lifecycle Management
- System Development Lifecycle
- Security Scans
- Project Management
- Business Analysis Certification(s): ECBA or CCBA or CBAP or CBATL
- Project Management Certification(s): (PfMP)® or (PMI-ACP)® or (PMIPBA)® or (PgMP)® or (CAPM)® or (PMI-RMP)® or (PMI-SP)®
- Technical Writing Certification in either of the following technical editing; technical writing standards; business writing; document creation; project management etc.
What IT-Strat has to offer:
IT-Strat has a robust benefits package for all full-time employees as we believe our employees are our greatest assets.
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- 401K Retirement Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
This is a full-time perm opportunity located in Columbus, OH. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Sponsorship will not be provided. Interested applicants should apply via our company website - https://www.it-strat.com/jobs/