Position Details: Junior/Mid-level DBA
Information Technology Strategies, LLC. is a government IT solutions provider servicing commercial and government initiatives in various parts of the United States.
We are currently seeking a Junior/Mid-level DBA to work for our company.
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting day-to-day database and related application
- Responsible for taking on any and all aspects of the project as needed including UI, application and service layers, database design and optimization.
- Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment.
- Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary
- Responsible for constructing technical documentation regarding database processes, schemas, forecasting, or any other SQL related functionality.
- Collaborates with other in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process. Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Sponsorship will not be provided for this opportunity.
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- B.E., B.A. or B.S. degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required.
- Must commit to obtaining database certifications such as Oracle Database Certified Professional (OCP) and Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): SQL Server 2016 within a year.
- Experience with PL/SQL debugging and tuning experience and SQL performance tuning.
- Experience with reporting and query tools.
- Must have at least 1-3 years of successful hands-on experience in information technology focused around database technologies.
- Experience in security concepts as they relate to SQL Server (database administration, tuning, management, security, RDBMS)
- Experience in fine tuning indexes for performance improvement.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle 11 and/or 12 databases.
- Shell Scripting in LINUX
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server 2008 and 2012
- IIS, ASP.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Excellent written/oral communications skills required as there will constant interaction with multiple departments