Position Details: Mid/Senior Level MS SQL DBA
Position: MS SQL DBA
Client / Program: DLA
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: Full-Time Permanent
Information Technology Strategies, LLC. is a government IT solutions provider servicing commercial and government initiatives in various parts of the United States.
We are currently seeking a MS SQL DBA/.NET Developer to work for our company. The position will entail being a part of an elite team supporting U.S. Government project and other initiatives. The candidate will ascertain any and all aspects of the project as needed including UI, application and service layers, database design and optimization. The is a wonderful opportunity to work in an exciting laid back environment, alongside other passionate and highly creative engaged team members. This position is stable with lots of challenges and room to grow. Collaboration is essential!
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting day-to-day database and related application
- Responsible for taking on any and all aspects of the project as needed including UI, application and service layers, database design and optimization.
- Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment.
- Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary
- Responsible for constructing technical documentation regarding database processes, schemas, forecasting, or any other SQL related functionality.
- Collaborates with other in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process. Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Sponsorship will not be provided for this opportunity.
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- B.E., B.A. or B.S. degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): SQL Server 2016 required
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): SQL Server 2016 required
- Must have at least 12 years’ of successful hands-on experience in information technology
- IIS, ASP.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Experience in security concepts as they relate to SQL Server (database administration, tuning, management, security, RDBMS)
- Experience in fine tuning indexes for performance improvement.
- Must have hands-on experience with SQL Server 2008 and 2012
- Excellent written/oral communications skills required as there will constant interaction with multiple departments
- Must have extensive knowledge reporting and query tools and practices.
- Accustomed to working in an agile technical environment.
- Active DoD security clearance - Secret Clearance or higher.
What IT-Strat has to offer:
IT-Strat has a robust benefits package for all full-time employees as we believe our employees are our greatest assets.
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- 401K Retirement Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
This is a full-time permanent opportunity. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Sponsorship will not be provided. Interested applicants should apply via our company website - https://www.it-strat.com/jobs/